Hello and welcome to the 2020 What’s Your Story Video Competition; an online youth campaign offering you a voice about the exciting opportunities and indeed challenges that we all face when we are online. If you do not accept these Rules, please do not enter the Competition.
1. About the Competition Rules
By taking part in the Competition you are agreeing to these official rules (“Competition Rules”).
“We” and “Us” mean Trend Micro Limited and Save the Children Hong Kong, and we sponsor the What’s Your Story internet safety education programme and the Competition.
“You” means someone who takes part or appears in an Entry. It is the responsibility of the entrant to make sure that each participant is made aware and accepts these Competition Rules. This means that if you submit a video, please make sure that all of the actors (who are called “participants”) and their parents (where the participants are under 18) are happy for you to agree to these Competition Rules. We recommend that you have all participants review these Competition Rules
2. About the Competition
We run the Competition to raise awareness and educate our community about the risks, dangers and also the exciting opportunities available to us all when we are online. The Competition gives you the opportunity to create a short video (an “Entry”) and upload it to the What’s Your Story Website.
Create and upload a 2 minute video answering the following question and share with as many people as you can. Entries with the highest views will be shortlisted for our judges to decide the ultimate winners of 2021.
Create a video answering this question:
How have you kept yourself safe online during the pandemic?”
This year, we saw a major disruption in the way we work, learn and socialise online. The whole world has been forced to go digital in most unimaginable ways. We should be aware of a completely new set of potential cyber risks. We’re really interested to know your suggestions on protecting yourselves from those risks; we want to know your story.
How have you kept yourself safe online during the pandemic?”
Have an answer? Then grab a camera and tell us!
Be funny. Be dramatic. Be creative. Whatever you do, be real.
Create a video to answer this year’s question for a chance to win one of our great prizes. Use live action, stop action, animation, original music or none. Once your video is ready to be shared, get out there and spread your message far and wide. Promote it to your family, friends, classmates, communities and everyone you know!
Have an answer? Then tell us your story! The world needs to hear it.
Once we have checked that your Entry meets the Competition Rules we will post it online for others to view and comment on. Entries with the highest complete views will become our finalists. A video that is viewed in its entirety is considered a “complete view”. A panel of independent Judges will then select the winning Entries.
3. Key Dates and Deadlines
The Opening Date for uploading Entries is December 1, 2020 and the Closing Date is February 8, 2021.
There will be a Public Viewing Period when Entries can be viewed on the What’s Your Story website. On the website, your Entry/the Entries can be liked (clicking the heart button) and commented on by the public until February 16, 2021.
The Final Judging Period begins on February 22, 2020.
4. Who can enter the Competition?
The competition is open to youths in Hong Kong aged 12-17 at the time you enter the competition.
You must apply for this competition in a group of 2-4 people.
You’ll have a chance to choose which one you’re entering when you submit your video. But here’s a bit more detail:
- School Track
All participants in the same group are from the same school and applied through school
All participants in the same group can be from different schools
If you have been a previous individual prize-winner in one of our competitions in the past five (5) years, you cannot submit another individual entry. However, a school/youth group may enter every year, even if they have been a winner in previous years.
Parent’s consent required – if you are under the age of 16 on the date of entry into the Competition, then you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition. Your parent or your guardian will receive an email asking for their consent. They need to respond to this email and give their consent before you can continue to enter the Competition.
If any potential winner is under the age of 18, any prize may be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Your parent or guardian must agree and sign a legal release (“Release Agreement”) and/or any other document(s) that we reasonably request before you are entitled to any prize.
Our employees or their families or anyone connected with the promotion or organisation of this Competition or their families are not allowed to enter the Competition.
5. How to enter
Beginning November 16, 2020, in order to enter the Competition, visit the Website www.whatsyourstory.trendmicro.com/hk and complete the registration process on the Website with the information requested and follow the online instructions to upload and submit your video (your “Entry”) directly to the Website.
6. Entry Requirements
Each Entry that is entered into the Competition must meet the following “Entry Requirements”:
You promise that all information that you give us is true, accurate and complete in every respect and that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
Your Entry must be your own original work and you must you have permission to use any music or content that you did not create.
(a) your video must be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long, no larger than 100MB and only in .mov or .mp4 or .wmv file format;
(b) the video must be your original, previously unpublished work, and must not infringe any third party copyright or trademarks, breach privacy, or any other third party rights;
(c) the video content must not be discriminatory, obscene, offensive or defamatory.
– Your Entries must be in English, Cantonese or Mandarin.
– There is a limit of one Entry per group.
– Entries must be received by the Closing Date. No substitutions of any Entry with new versions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Entry is submitted for consideration.
– Entries which violate any of these requirements will be deemed ineligible to be included in the Competition and your Entry will be disqualified.
-We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
7. Data Privacy and Publicity
When you take part in the Competition, you provide personal information to us. By taking part in the Competition, you agree that we can hold and use your personal information to administer the Competition. We promise to use your information only in connection with this Competition in accordance with the privacy notice found on the Website.
If you win, we can, at no cost, use your name, region of residence and likeness as part of the Competition for reasonable publicity in any form including on our Website and on social media.
8. Ownership of your Entry and Copyright
Copyright in your Entry and your right to be identified as the creator of your Entry remains with you. However, once your Entry has been submitted, it is important that we are able to use it for purposes connected to What’s Your Story.
As a requirement of the Competition, you grant to us a permanent right to use your Entry, for example, by posting it on the internet and social media, copying it, publishing it, editing or adapting it. You also allow us to grant the same rights to other carefully selected organisations so that they can use your Entry for educational purposes without seeking further permission from you.
We promise that we shall never use your Entry for commercial purposes.
The winning Entries will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, creative, effective, original and self-explanatory and captures the competition’s theme.
There is one overall winner for each track and four runners-up. One active participation prize will be awarded to the school with the highest number of submission. That’s a total of HK$20,000!
- Grand Prizes:
- $5,000 for best entry from school track
- $5,000 for best entry from open track
- Runner-Up Prizes:
- $3,000 to the entry group from school track
- $3,000 to the entry group from open track
- Second Runner-Up Prizes:
- $1,500 to entry group from school track
- $1,500 to the entry group from open track
- Supreme active participation Prize for school (With highest number of submission):
- $1,000 for the school
-Prizes are limited to one prize per Winning category.
-If we do not receive enough eligible Entries, or if the Judges consider that not enough Entries are good enough to award all or any of the Prizes, then some or all of the Prizes may not be awarded.
-Prizes will be paid in the form of a cheque payable to each winning Entrant or to their parents or legal guardians if they are Minors.
– The prize winners shall be solely responsible for any required or applicable local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
10. The Public Viewing Period and Selection of Finalists
– After you upload your Entry, we will check it complies with the Competition Rules and if it does; we will approve it. It will then be live on the Website and made available for viewing by the public. So make sure you tell your friends and family so they can take a look at your Entry.
– You will be disqualified if you use automatic voting software and/or vote swapping websites.
– When the Public Viewing Period ends, the top three Submissions from Individual, School and Group Entrants from each age category will be chosen (a total of Eighteen Entries). These will be the “Potential Finalists”.
– Potential Finalists are chosen based on the number of views per Entry. The Potential Finalist in a particular category that has the highest score from the judges will be awarded as the overall winner. This overall winner therefore could be an Individual, School or Group.
-If you are chosen as a winner you will be required to sign and return the release agreement prior to being declared a winner. The release agreement requires you to confirm that your Entry complies with the Competition Rules and also to formalise the agreement that gives us the right to use your Entry, referred to in the section headed ‘Ownership of Your Entry and Copyright’.
– If you are under the age of 18, the release agreement must be signed by your parent/legal guardian.
-If you do not sign and return the release agreement within three days of being formally requested, or if we don’t receive them within that time period for any reason we will have no liability to you.
-If you have broken any of the Competition Rules you may be disqualified. If that happens we will appoint someone else as a winner in your place.
11. The Judging
We will appoint a panel of Judges from the companies and/or any third parties that are supporting our What’s Your Story Competition. The Judges will review the Finalist Entries during the Final Judging Period and select the winning Entries.
The Judges will take account of your creativity (style, message delivery, 13.4 execution, etc.) the appropriateness of your Entry (on topic, etc.) and how effective you have been in putting across your message. Of course, there is no right or wrong answer, so the Judges will be using their personal judgement. The Judges decision is final and not open for review or subject to challenge.
We aim to notify all winners in late February 2021. If you are one of the winners, we will use the contact details you have provided to get in touch with you and let you know the good news.
Before we can confirm any winner we will need to verify your eligibility. If we decide someone is not eligible to be a winner for any reason, our decision will be final and binding and not subject to challenge.
– We shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If any potential winner does not respond within the time specified in the notification, or if any winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner may be selected based on the results of the aforementioned judging criteria. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible or if he/she has not complied with these Competition Rules or declines the prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner based on the results of the aforementioned judging criteria.
12. Winner’s list
Competition winner’s list shall be available online at www.whatsyourstory.trendmicro.com/hk from mid March 2021
– Right to cancel the Competition: We have the right to cancel the Competition or change the Prizes or Competition Rules without notice and without liability to any entrant. In the event we do not receive enough Entries by the Closing Date or if we are prevented from awarding any prize(s) or continuing with the Competition as contemplated herein for any reason, we shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition.
– We may at our sole discretion disqualify you if you are found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Competition.
– Our decisions are final and we shall not open into any correspondence with any entrant concerning any aspect of this Competition.
– Other than for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, so far as is permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prize. You are entering this Competition at your own risk.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Hong Kong. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts