Our 2020 video competition is now over, but check out below what it was all about. By the way, our 2021 video competition will launch in September 2020 – January 2021 so stay tuned!!
Create a 2 minute video answering this question:
There is one overall winner for each track and four runners-up. One active participation prize will be awarded to the school with the highest number of submissions. That’s a total of HK$20,000!
- Grand Prizes:
- $5,000 for best entry from school track
- $5,000 for best entry from open track
- Runner-Up Prizes:
- $3,000 to the entry group from school track
- $3,000 to the entry group from open track
- Second Runner-Up Prizes:
- $1,500 to entry group from school track
- $1,500 to the entry group from open track
- Supreme active participation Prize for school (With highest number of submission):
- $1,000 for the school
2019-2020 Dates To Remember:
- Nov 5th 2019: Competition launch (we announce the question you need to answer in your video entry)
- Nov 19th 2019: First date to upload your entry
- Jan 14th 2020: Last date to upload your entry
- Jan 21st 2020: Last date to view, like (heart) and comment on all entries
- Jan 27th 2020: Judging period will begin
- Feb 11th 2020: The winners will be announced (That’s Safer Internet Day!)
Your online privacy is important to us
Here’s how it works
Create and upload a 2 minute video on the above question, then get as many views, likes and comments as you can. Video entries with the highest views get shortlisted for our judges who decide the winners. You must be registered on the site to view and comment on each entry (once only per entry). You must be 8 years old or over to enter (we have two age categories). You can enter as an individual, a school or a youth group in your age category (we have cash prizes for each of these categories). If you’re under 16, you will need parental/guardian approval – but don’t worry, our online registration process on this website will guide you.
Your entry must be:
- your own original work
- Please be respectful of copyrights and of others. Make sure you have permission to use other people’s music, company logos, images, or photos. For more tips on this, check out our Useful Info page
- in one of the following formats: .wmv, .mov or .mp4
- a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes in length
- a maximum of 100 MB in size.
We can’t stress it enough; please read the official rules for a lot more details. Best of luck!
What do I do after I upload my video?
Get the word out to your friends and family! Winning this competition includes getting people to view your video, as well as the input of the judging panel. So don’t waste time. Once your video is up on the competition site, get as many people as you can to view your entry. The sooner the better!
Really important: You have to be logged onto the website to comment on entries.
More about this years question
We all rely on the internet for many things – to help us, entertain us, connect us to others and the world. Maybe we can’t imagine life without it. Maybe there are days we just want to disconnect from it. Either way, it has a big impact on the way we live and the way we see the world. But each of us uses the internet in different ways and for different reasons. We’re really interested to know more about its impact in your life; we want to know your story.
Have an answer? Then grab a camera and tell us!
Be funny. Be dramatic. Be creative. Whatever you do, be real.
Create a video to answer this year’s question for a chance to win one of our great prizes. Use live action, stop action, animation, original music or none. Once your video is ready to be shared, get out there and spread your message far and wide. Promote it to your family, friends, classmates, communities and everyone you know!
Have an answer? Then tell us your story! The world needs to hear it.